I serve, Nuffnang

Sunday 5 February 2012

how I spent my Chinese New Year

the title of today’s post sounded like something that came from an essay book, but yes im writing here to tell you about how I spent my chinese new year.

 

We all heard about the going back hometown hoohah and everything , and people having those delicious traditional hand made cookies.. what so ever. mine was, quite plain as well but I don’t know why I seem to treasure a lot bout this year’s CNY.

Im from SEGAMAT , JOHOR, at least you guys know a little of that about the blogger. I don’t really have much memory left in my brain about Johor and how my relatives were. I never spent my childhood running on the ‘yellow brick road’ of Johor or … eating the things my grandma in Johor cooked.

My dad married my mom who was from Penang and moved here ever since to get a job, a car, have kids and have a home. Im , more penang- type. Im not saying that im’ ashamed of going back to my hometown it’s just. I remembered a few fragments of my large number of cousins and… we don’t talk except if we meet each other once, every year.

Now, back to topic.

Every year I went back, I seriously was, bored and grumpy all the time during CNY because I don’t have fun with the relatives whom I m not close with and I talk a lot but I cant seem to penetrate a topic that would be suitable to talk to them !

but , as the years go by and maybe I am somehow all grown up, I began to realise the importance of bonds between blood related relatives… and why are we related somehow. The bond holding between us, stays strong and I have the responsibility of doing so. Till then, I decided to, show initiative

and to my surprise,

I had the time of my life back there.

all thanks to my cousins Smile

 

compared to Penang, I have A BUNDLE OF COUSINS HERE

these are only a part of them !

I really think we are quite the same .

I liked this one the most !

happy CNY peopleee

The fireworks are incredibly generous as I heard my aunt said it was courtesy of some sundry shop owner

we all received our red packets at the strike of 12 since it’s part of tradition right here

cant believe all of us were THAT v-a-i-n

this one was my idea because I think that we have enough people to do THAT

After spending like only 3 days there, I finally returned to Penang and meet up with my ahma ahkong hereeee Smile

Most of the time we spent there talking and gambling gamblingggg andddd I finally got to have ONE WHOLE DAY with the gaaaang <3

they all dropped by my house first before going out to GURNEY

carmen and cinpein

we headed to PARAGON first

I liked this picture the mosttttt

from left: Carmen, huay wei, shunyee, the blogger

the wind was like craaazzzyyy we were quite lucky because the sprinklers were on for every 15 minute interval.

hahahahaha

later on we had our BBQ steamboat at BARBQ PLAZA

me and shunyee

from left:

CARMEN,HUAYWEI, BLOGGER, CINPEIN

likeee

always snapped and cauught talkin to the phone!

vained

thanks cp for capturing this !

I like this picture

this looks natural

shuyee joined us later on

the bacon was SHIZAAAMM

from left: SHUYEE, SHUNYEE

looks really nice hahaa

huaywei and the blogger

I find BARBQ plaza was much better than SEOUL GARDEN because it doesn’t smears oil on our hands or any ACCIDENTS happening,

yeewon showed up !

I told her to like this on FB but she liked the previous one

I lke this picture as well. The blogger and shuyee

this is great because I looked so white and my nails are so red haha

the effect of the mirror outside REDBOX made us looked slender

see what I mean

while this is great all thanks to CINPEIN ! at MATERIAL

this was just corruption

the V word !

we went outfit hunting

this was plain . and. ignore the face

there’s this other dress that was so utterly long and doesn’t suit me

But I think it might suitable on Halloween’s so I can be the wicked witch of the west

hyped up

we then bought a really CHILDISH pencil box from popular .

only rm 3.90

pink

shuyee and huay wei

blue + pink = ?

kacau haha

LikeComment

Tag Photo

successful KACAU

the star thing

our kicks !!!

spot my ballet flats that only cost me RM20

took public transportation home with Denzel and the gang

headed to my house for more gamblinggg !

the rest I never got to take picture because most of us were busy gambling and I got drunk so none of us really cared that much.

The next day, we all went to Zoe’s house for some steamboat gathering

the blogger helping out with huay wei in pink

Venetia Wong

LikeComment

Tag Photo

frozen eggs!

our meal.

stirred uppppp !

I like chopsticks but what’s with the face?!

tomyam

qinling was there in purple!

after eating we all gambled once … again …….

Seriously I havent been gambling THAT much for my 17 years and this dragon year turned me into someone I never knew

Maybe it was a good thing.

On the last day of our CNY holiday, me huay wei, shunyee and cinpein then went to KEK LOK SI temple./

But before we went there, I made a pitstop by XIUMIN’S house

we all BODY SYMBOL-ed that day !

It’s a really cool app as it gives you instructions on how you should adjust your hand to make a certain shape.

check out XIUMIN’S spongebob deck of cards from TAIWAN .

we walked to CHANICE’S house ,

check out her JUMBO CARDS YO !

it was a long journey, and we went to HUAYWEI’S to have MAHJONG

hahaha, I was  first timer, believe me.

I didn’t even know what I was doing

thanks huay wei for the noodles !!

on the way to KEK LOK SI by foot

distant KEKLOKSI from view down there

Every year, this was Penang’s greatest CNY attraction of all as it lights up the heart of penang and , tourists adore the lights.

there are a lot of lanterns of that kind, in red and yellow hanging on the ceiling of the temple.

the three of us !

haha

there are already TOO MANY PHOTOS, so I only chose a few

what the blogger took !

we took the cable car costing us rm 4 and finally reached GUANYINTEMPLE

this was like really seriously big status of GUAN YIN in golden light.

tall and high and stood before me.

the moment we were up there, there was this enticing atmosphere that surrounded us. made us felt proud of what the Chinese did just to stand up for our own religion.

I can say I felt very much respected as a Chinese and I felt so near to God as we walked around the big diameter of the GUANYIN and praying.

there was this wishing tree where we give donations for each wish we wished.

it was quite a tall tree

this picture went up to Instagram

the treeeee

I wished for academic excellence and peace in the family.

met YUCHIOU

her hair grew longer than I thought !

 

one of the attractions would be the ZODIAC animals that stood below the guanyin temple.

There you go

Our zodiac, the BOAR.

sat on the BOAR

huaywei on boar

bokeeehhh !

the trip ended with one last glance of the lights of KEK LOK SI

there you go.

SEE HOWWW COLORFUL IT WAS !!!

it was like breathtakingly beautiful

As a penangite I havent been here since a child or the YE trip last year, as a buddhist I regretted for not really visiting here.

we didn’t put on flash because if there was flash we wont be able to see the lights behind us

That’s it of my CNY .

stay tuneddd

xx

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIND